Tuesday 28 August 2012

CAR KNEE VAL


This weekend was another busy one, especially seeing as it was bank holiday weekend. I ended up spending my Friday night, in Kingston, catching up with a friend who has recently returned from a long summer in America and her mother. When we get together, inevitably wine is consumed. This was no exception. We spent our evening on the water front, in a small French restaurant called Frere Jacques, where my second mother knows the owner. Sadly this was the last Friday night it would ever see, as on the Monday they were scheduled to shut down, due to contractors and developers. I found this so sad, seeing as this was one of the best French restaurants I have ever been too and the Snails were out of this world! Good Luck to John (the owner) and whatever life brings him next. 



But this was not the end of my weekend. As I had to work the Bank Holiday Monday my friends and I decided that, we would just have to make do with going to Nottinghill Carnival on the Sunday, family day. This suited me just fine, I love Carnival and every time I go, the atmosphere never ceases to impress me. When we are shown so much evil and hate in the world, it is amazing to be surrounded by thousands of like minded people, who just want to celebrate life and all the happiness that comes from it. 
We were also happy, as the weather was amazing, so sunny and not a rain cloud in sight! Always good when you have a valid excuse to get your legs out. I was scared the heavens would open, but they did not. I wore a customised Floral Pink Shift Dress (River Island, £15, summer sale) and Denim Jacket (Primark, £13). I went for bright summery colours, as I know as soon as A/W hits, I will inevitably be in all black. I want and need to make the most of the sunny weather!

Clearly had too much fun at Carnival!