Sunday 16 December 2012

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY


Yesterday, I went to see the long awaited first installment of 'The Hobbit'. I have to say this is one of my favourite books and I tend to only go to the cinema for the films that I think are really worth it. This was most definitely worth it. Classic Peter Jackson style and was much in keeping with his previous depictions of Tolkien, although the quality of the CGI was slightly higher. I have been told that this higher quality, was due to the use of 3D and although it has bothered a few of the friends who I went with, it didn't bother me too much. It gave the film a more ethereal feel, which as a story based around a fantasy world, it just seemed to fit! Jackson has been criticised for the length and the fact that it has been split into three parts, but I think the detail makes up for this critique. If you're a fan of the book, or just a lover of Jackson's previous work, 'The Lord of the Rings' films, you will certainly not be disappointed.